Once you’ve been referred to one of our Enterprise Advisors, we conduct a diagnostic check to recommend the best course of action for you.
Whether you need the intensive support of the 13-week programme or you’re ready to go with a little bit of mentoring, we will get you set up according to your needs. Our Advisors are passionate entrepreneurs who know what it takes to get a business off the ground and make it a success. They now dedicate their careers to helping others do the same. Since the launch of the Work Programme, they’ve helped tens of thousands of people become self-employed.
- Intensive - This is a 13-week programme designed to give you all the support you need to become self-employed and get your business off the ground
- Intermediate – This is an eight-week programme where you will be able to delve deeper into the practicalities of starting your own business
- Basic - This is a six-week practical programme providing you with short, focused support to set up your business – perfect if you already have some business knowledge or a little bit of experience running a business
Once you’ve completed your course on the Business Start-up Programme, you have access to a two year mentoring package, where you’ll get on-going support, regular reviews and access to local networking events to help you grow your business.
- Financial forecasting and cash flow
- Market research
- Sales and pricing
- Tax and VAT
- Accessing finance and in work benefits
- Marketing workshops
- Online training and social media
- Health and safety
- Equality and diversity
- Negotiation skills
- Confidence and motivational building